Friday, July 31, 2009

Any tips on how to get my cat to eat different cat biscuits?

I've had my rescue cat, who's 3 yrs old for 5 wks now %26 she will only eat the same food. I've bought her different biscuits to try, but she will only eat them off the floor, not out of her bowl. I've tried adding a few different biscuits with her usual in her bowl, but she turns her nose up and walks away - fussy or what? Any other tips please?
Answers:
Its funny you should say this as we got our cat from a rescue centre and I got all different types of food for him, and the only one he ate was Tesco complete biscuit cat food. And he wouldnt eat from a bowl either, we had to just put it on the floor! We have had him for 6 years now , and he has finally started to eat from a bowl and he now eats fresh chicken as well as the cat biscuit.
When the cat is hungry, it will eat.
Cats are fussy animals, that's why there's so many flavours of food available, if you really want to change his food then give him a selection of alternatives to choose from, she'll tell you which kind she prefers.
i dont see why you have to change her food, if she is happy with what she is eating then i wouldn't worry.
Set an example
Give it no alternative. Just put the food out and the cat will eat when it gets hungry. Don't be alarmed if the cat goes a couple of days without eating - cats are not silly, they won't starve themselves.
You could also try a completely different bowl for the new biscuits. See if that helps?
Maybe you could consider feeding the cat a raw diet instead. Raw human grade beef is an excellent food for cats - I feed my cat with this myself.
Cats are picky when it comes to food,I would change to a differentbrand of biscuits and them on a piece of paper from a chip shop.
My two cats are very fussy and it drives me mad!! If your cat is eating her regular food then leave it.be grateful you found a food she will eat! Maybe mix some wet food or cooked chicken in with it? Also, every cat will eat when really hungrey!! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment