Thursday, July 30, 2009

Any cat breeders? I have a question about the adoption process!?

My mother has been pretty down lately, she believes she's going through menopause. She LOVES persian cats, but doesn't have any at the moment, they don't have the extra money to pay the prices they're selling for. I was showing her photos today of a kitten that we're getting a breeder to hold for us, and she went on and on all day about how precious it was, and how badly she wished she could get one, and I decided that I'd like to surprise her with one to help get her spirits up. Do all breeders like to meet the family prior to letting the kittens leave their hands, or should I be able to get her one as a gift fairly easily? I understand that you all want to make sure the kitties end up in excellent loving homes, but then it wouldn't really be a surprise if she went through the adoption process herself and appeared in person!
Answers:
You stated that you have already picked one out from the breeder. . If your breeder doesn't want to go along with the surprise you have better find this out and soon. I have been a breeder for almost 20 years and I have not met every family.
Good luck!
I would imagine if you tell the breeder what's going on, he/she will understand. As long as you can come up with a decent vet reference, and agree to the terms of the purchase, I suspect you can get the kitten for your mother. Good luck.
And by the way - tell her than menopause isn't half bad ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment