Friday, July 31, 2009

Anybody else's cat respond to music?

I could play music all day and my cat didn't seem to care, but if I put in a Tori Amos cd she would rub her face all of the speakers and lay down in front of the speakers. (Tori Amos is a female vocalist with a very dramatic voice) My cat's name was Rosa, and one lyric in a song was "good little roses", I think she liked to hear what she thought was her name being sung.
Answers:
My cat Charlie comes running whenever he hears the Andy Griffith theme song, lol!
My cousin used to have a dog named Mickey that used to "sing along" to the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club.
I had a cat named McMurphy who loved a certain classical piece from a movie soundtrack. It was just a flute-like instrument playing a simple melody. Everytime it came on she'd raise her head to listen, then go back to sleep after it was over!
My 2 cats, Shadow (7 years) and Angel(2 years), always run to sit close to me EVERY time I practice signing!It seems as though they listen and watch.I guess if cats like something even music, they will let us know!
Yes. I have some nature soundtracks that I play for them sometimes. They especially like the ocean and rain forest ones. They love 70's music too. They HATE rap, but they seem to get really excited by opera... go figure!
They also love to watch Animal Planet.
That is pretty cool. But I don't think I have ever seen a cat respond to music. Thats a first for me.
strange but true -- my little man, buster, likes to watch tv with me, but doesn't really pay a whole lot of attention to it -- one night I rented friday the 13th part 2 and he was entranced - climbed off my lap to go sit in front of the tv, which he had never done before, then he climbed onto the entertainment center and began swatting at the tv. something even crazier that he'd never done. I shut the movie off about an hour into it to can the weather on the evening news, and buster went about his business not paying much attention to the tv, when I turned the movie back on to finish watching, he was right back there sitting on the floor, staring at the tv and batting at the screen. he's never done this since then. the true test will be renting friday the 13th part 2 again to see if it really is his favorite movie ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment