Thursday, July 30, 2009

Am I too close to my cat ?

I hold my cat like a baby facing up in my arms -- and i walk like that with her in my arms.
I always rub her belly, kiss and hold her close to me ...whenever i lift her she is already purring and she kisses me back ..
We sleep together - she either sleeps on top of me or she sleeps on my side and we hold hands ( my hand her paw) while we are sleeping ...she never scratches or bites me --no matter what..she always runs towards me whenever she sees me.
In short we love each other -- but my parents and friends do not like that ...and they ridicule me --- Am i too close to my cat ??
Answers:
I think that is completely normal, my husband treats his cat the exact same way....
Not at all, sounds like you love her the right amount.
You seem to be pretty close to you cat. But if you feel like you should be that close and loving towards him, then be all means go ahead. It is no one elses business, but your own! Your cat is a very special cat if you ask me!
oh of course not a %26lt;3 for an animal shouldn't be amused i think it is a wonderful thing is to have an animal and love it with all your heart.if i ever find a man and didn't like my cats i would break up in a heart beat!
No - you just love your cat and your cat loves you. There is nothing wrong with it. I think it is cool. If it bothers you that your friends and family cause problems, you might want to tone it down a little around them - maybe not carry her around as much. There is nothing wrong with the way that you are interacting with your cat friend.
I think it鈥檚 sweet and endearing. Your cat really loves you and it seems that you really love her.
I do the same things with my kittens, save for them sleeping with me in my bed鈥?My fianc茅 won鈥檛 allow it.
Well i kiss my cat on the head and he sleeps on my head but we don't hold hands. But i do carry him on my shoulder. Maybe you are to close to your cat.
you can never be to close to your pet unless you treat and pay more attention to the pet more than freinds and family
that's jsut hwo u r suppost to b with a cat. keep doing that and she will live a long a happy life!
I don't really see a problem here. When a cat allows you to rub its belly, it is showing complete trust in you, as the belly is a very vulnerable area and instinct tells them to protect it.
The only downside is if you start to prefer being with your cat over being with other people. And perhaps your friends might be saying, alright, we get it and don't have to be reminded, if they think you are talking too much about your cat.
Your parents also might be concerned in the event you have to leave home (college, etc.) and you cannot take your cat with you. Then, there will be two hearts broken.
As long as your love for your cat doesn't interfere with your daily life, you're fine. Our pets can be our best friends - the love us unconditionally.
My cat insists on being held like a baby - if we hold him any other way, he squirms around until he's being held like a baby. He also sleeps with me, and he demands belly rubs. I also once had a cat who I had trained - when I said "Give me kisses" she rubbed her nose against my forehead. It's all completely normal :)
You should feel very honored that your cat loves you that much. I have 3 cats and they are the same way towards me. My kitten more so than the older two. No you are not too close to your cat. I think it's wonderful that you love her so much. Kudos to you.
thats normal to me i have two cats and we love each other just as much
i used to be like that with my cat and im like that to my chiuahua ! its normal pets get really close to a person!
How old are you? Do you still play with dolls. It sounds and looks like to me that your kitty has replaced dolls. You probably are too old for dolls, and your parents and friends are trying to let you know that your cat is not a doll but a living breathing and beloved pet. You need to hold your cat and treat your cat like a cat and not like a doll.
i am the SAME way with my cat and my family thinks i'm so wierd. i want to move home but they won't let the cat come with me so i just can't. they don't understand what a connection we have. i know it sounds lame but not all relationships with animals are like that so it's special and i'm sure your cat appriciates your love.
No, you are not to close. You love her and she loves you. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Affection to and from your pet is one of the things that make having an animal so wonderful. I would ask your family and friends to please back off and allow you to pursue sharing affection with your cat as it makes you happy, and don't they want to see you with a smile on your face? I would hope so. Never let anyone give you a hard time for doing something that makes you happy. Would they rather have you spend time with a prostitute or become a drug addict!? Please, they need to realize there is nothing unethical, immorale or wrong with unwinding with your kitty and looking forward to seeing her. Good luck and stand by your kitty!
Wow, it's the same with my cat. Don't listen to those other people, love your cat the way that are now.
of course not. its not a problem, looks like you both really care for each other and seems you are very fond of her...actually i would say your cat is very lucky... you should keep it up and ignore what others think...
no, you are not too close to your cat. it is very normal, what you are doing.
cats are very loving creatures.
and i think your cat is very lucky to have someone like you, that loves her that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment