Friday, July 31, 2009

Any way to keep cats from...?

My cats sometimes poop in halways in my house. They're both litter box trained and adults cats, but it seems to happen a lot. They also sometimes regurgetate their food (sometimes in the bowl and sometimes in the hall). They've eaten this food the whole time I've had them (few years) and they don't seem sick, they just do it and walk away. Any help?
Answers:
If you have two cats, you really need two litter boxes. Sometimes it works with one, but the truth is many cats don't like sharing because they have to wait or the litter box isn't clean enough. As for the vomiting, try switching food. That doesn't sound healthy. I have four cats and none of them do that. I would ask the vet about that as well.
Okay, for where they poop- clean the carpet. really well. Go over the spot like 5 times and spray it. They do this because tehre is a strong scent there. Also, after its washed, put tin foil down for a week or so. With luck they'll move on and stop pooping there.
As for the regurgetating.. It could be harballs, or something else. Also, its likely that the food has changed. Just because you buy the same bag is no garuntee the formula is the same.
For the poop, I cant really help you, but for the regurgitating, you might want to switch their food, to a different brand, you have to watch out for the pet food recall.
My sister's cat would poop to express displeasure with someone. She hated my sister's ex-husband (and so did we), and she would poop in his shoes every chance she got (good kitty! heh-heh...). When she's mad at my sister, she poops in her closet.
Did something change in the home or their lifestyle that is making them choose the hallway?

No comments:

Post a Comment