Friday, May 21, 2010

Around what age do cats start to recognize their names?


Answers:
I have fostered five and six week old kittens and they have responded to their names in a matter of days.
One of the cats I brought home from the shelter (unclaimed stray aged 4 yo) responded to his name within 48 hours. Mind you being a Burmese he is quite smart ... LOL
All my cats respond to their names and did so very quickly.
Like any animal, I believe it depends on the individual, and if they can be bothered responding
Around the same age as you say their name to get them to come eat
by the time they get use to you there is no real age my cat is almsot 2 we got her when she was only 6 mounths. it took her only a few mounths to know her name
My cat has known her name since she was only 2 months old she is now three months and respnods every time we call her by her name
It took us a few weeks to find my baby's name, we tried a few and when we started calling him Cedrick he responded. I think that he liked it
it depends on the cat. some cats will never respond to their name. some cats will only respond to names that have an E sound at the end. and some cats will respond to the name in a matter of days or weeks. one of my cats doesnt know his real name because we call him by a nick name. his real name is Bandit but we call him Bandy because he responds to the E sound a lot better
ALL CATS R DIFFERENT SO THAT CAN'T REALLY B ANSWER 4 SURE

No comments:

Post a Comment