Friday, May 21, 2010

Bigger litterbox?

I was just wondering if anyone knew how big litterboxes can get..So far I have a pretty big one that I bought at walmart..and I havnt seen any bigger than the one I bought.
The reason I am asking is because I have a maine coon and his poor big butt has to squish himself inside to use it...and it has a big open front...and I cant take the top off because if I do they get litter everywhere..
But am I able to buy a bigger one or do I have to try and make a bigger one?
Answers:
might try using a storage tote that is deep enough to keep him from kicking it all over but short enough that he can get in it easily enough. that is what i use for my pot-bellied pigs
i dunno but my cat's crap stinks very much.
I think to have a carpenter to custom make you one would be the best option.
Litter box was designed for the average to upper average size cat...
I do not understand why it would be inside and cant dig a hole.
Make the hole in the front of the litter box bigger .. but make sure it doesn't have any rough edges otherwise you cat will himself on it. or you could take the lid off .. but there might be some kitty litter everywhere
The next best thing to try would be go to a garden shop or a nursery and purchase a large seeding tray although it will have holes in the bottom, Use large plastic bin liner bags to line the tray roll the edges around the outside of the tray when the litter tray is full lift the sides unroll and pick the whole thing up tie up the top for easy disposal.
Different types of litterboxes are available at pet stores like Petsmart and Petco. I got a larger (called giant) size covered litterbox for my cat so now he can at least turn around in it. There are also round "Booda" litter boxes and triangular boxes that fit in a corner that are larger. You could also try searching on the Internet. You could also call a Maine Coon breeder and ask them what they do.
Look at getting a big storage box. If it is too tall, you can put a piece of wood in the front but they are great to keeping all the litter in and giving kitty enough room.

No comments:

Post a Comment