Friday, May 21, 2010

Blood in cats poop?

Theres blood in my cats poop he has always had liquid like stool I figured was just nerves but now theres blood he also has in the last 2 weeks had two sores that could just be the other cat scratching him just like dried scabs but it could be related perhaps
Answers:
With a history of loose stools, and now skin problems it sounds like your cat suffers from food allergies. This is a battle I also fight with my cat. The blood in the stool is from colitis or an inflammed colon. What you need to do is to work with your vet to try different foods to help control the problem. I say control because an allergy is lifelong and it is up to you to control it. Your vet may try unique protein foods, or even hypoallergenic foods like Hills ZD or Purina HA. These foods are designed for cats like yours. Be patient food allergies can be extremely difficult to deal with, and I have noticed with my cat that the older they get the more difficult the problem gets. Even the condition worsens with age.
Get him in to the vet there is a real problem there
get him to the vet asap, you should have done this sooner. he might have tapeworms. sometimes its fatal!
Take the cat to the vet please.
It's probably worms or some other type of parasite, it's definitley something. You should take him to a vet, and try to take a fresh stool sample if you can, but if you can't they should be able to get one anyway.
The same thing happens with a couple of my cats. When cats poop, they also express their anal glands a little and sometimes it can result in bloody stools. If the cat had worms or anything, you would see little white things in the poo. I think it would be a good idea to take your kitty to the vet or call some kind of 24 hour pet clinic line or something. If anything, it will give you peace of mind and if there is a problem, you'll get it diagnosed quicker. Good luck and I hope your kitty is okay. =)
if you said his poop was hard I would say he had a hard time pushing it out, however, you say it is runny so maybe he has hemoroids...also the two sores that you say he has try putting some neosporin on them they have to be uncomfortable for him ...as for the blood in the poop i would have him checked out at the vet
Gosh this is scary when it happened to my cat. He was a male thing was it got bad where he started peeing blood, and crying alot. You have to change the food and take him to the vet. Male cats have a high risk of a urniary tract problems that cause them crystals... You have to take him to the vet ASAP! and get this food for him ,,,,, and not canned food... get him sciencfic diet for tract problem, its like cat food with med. My vet told me to this it work, thou my other male cat had the problem and when I got home died. So please go to the vet, and dont buy these cheep cat food, GET SCIENCFIC DIET-----you can find at petco.

good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment