Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Kitten Food?

There are some baby kittens around my house. Their mom only comes around dark and they seem to get hungry and I want to give them something. What should I give them that would be found in regular person's fridge?
Answers:
I know it's tempting, but it may not be good to leave food out because then you'll attract raccoons, and bears, and coyotes and wolves...or rats. But I'd suggest maybe giving them some deli meat like turkey, ham, and only giving it to them when they are there and make sure you don't leave anything. Meanwhile, try to call your local animal shelter so they could trap the cats and get homes for them. I got three of my cats that way...they were born in the wild, trapped, and now they're part of our family :)
You could try some milk or pudding. Kittens will eat soft dairy products like that. Or if you already have some kind of cat food, pour some milk in it to soften it up.
Unless you don't notice the momma cat around for more than a day I wouldn't do anything. If they seem old enough you could buy some wet cat food for them, but I wouldn't give them any people food.
some finely shredded turkey lunch meat, chicken, tuna. Do not give milk. milk can make them sick.
Human food is not good for kittens or cats.
http://bellaonline.com/articles/art1723...
http://www.peteducation.com (Foods To Avoid)
Don't feed anything out of your fridge. Especially milk! If the kittens aren't old enough to eat food yet, the mother will supply that. Go buy some cheap cat food from a store and leave that out every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment