Friday, May 21, 2010

Best water dish for my cat?

My cat absolutely LOVES drinking water. Problem is, he'll mostly (or only) drink water that flows from faucets. Is there a water dish I can buy that flows like a fountain? I don't want to waste money on something he'll ignore...
Answers:
Wow, what a wonderful owner you are to spoil this kitty like this. My kitty gets her water from a standard bowl.
there are contraptions that you can use an old 2liter plastic soda bottle turned upside down, that gradually leaks water into the bowl.. I have no idea where to find them.. ask at pet stores or animal feed stores..
you can buy kitty drinking fountains at petco or petsmart there not super expensive and petsmart will let you return it if you're cat doesn't like it just hold on to you re recite
My cats are the same, they LOVED drinking from the faucet, but it got to be a hassle, etc, etc so I invested in the PetMate water dish, it flows continuously and has an extra water reservoir. It comes with a few filters, that is the only thing you have to buy over time, new filters and I also clean it completely a few times a month, to keep it fresh and sanitary (I have 4 cats!) It was one of the best investments I have made for my cats! I got it at petco.com and the price was very reasonable, my cats just love it!
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_d...
It costs a bit, but it's worth it and has a long warranty !
For $15 you can get an amazing fountain that mimics a water fountain from Big Lots, or for not much more -- a $30 investment at most, you can get one from petsmart. THey are SO worth it. They clean and filter the water, and make it pour out in either a facet form, or down a small slide. They really encourage pets to drink, which is great for their health, especially if you feed dry food. Cats in the wild dont drink much because they eat animals, but dry food doesnt provide the water they need. If your cat doesnt like it, you can just return it to petsmart, they will take it back. Good luck -- my cat LOVES it, and it ensures their water is clean, etc.
There are several plug-in pet waterers you can get. I have two sizes by petmate, run by small submersible pumps. They have replaceable charcoal filters for the water, too. They aren't particularly easy to clean due to the design, but my cats like them. The water goes down a slide. There are others that mimic the action of a water faucet better, so if you go to a pet supply place or Amazon and search by product, you can probably find them. These are specifically designed for cats and other small pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment