Monday, May 24, 2010

Can a Devon Rex be happy as the only pet in an apartment?

I'm thinking of getting a cat and like the Devon Rex. I have done extensive research on the internet and even talked to some breeders. The cat would be alone in the apartment during the day while I'm at work. I have read they don't always like to be alone and can even be bored and destructive if alone too much. Having two cats would be too much I feel. The apartment also has a balcony. Could this be a problem for a curious Devon? Any other advice I should consider?
Answers:
Go to the animal shelter and adopt two kittens from the same litter. They will keep each other company while you are at work. You will also be able to give a home to these animals who might otherwise be put to sleep if nobody adopts them.
I like what the previous poster said, but I'd say to adopt two adult cats from the shelter. Adult cats have a MUCH HARDER time getting placed, and also, with an adult, you know the personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment