Monday, May 24, 2010

Both my cats are sick. Bandit was diagnosed with Gastritis and give some shots (antibiotic) and had blood test

and has been taking prednisone since Saturday...and lactalone. However, he got worse. He is crying in pain (not constantly) and now he is throwing up white stuff (yes, it's 2:30 a.m.) and my vet does not do emergencies. Now my other cat has diarrhea! And I think Bandit might have that now too. I think this is not good and the only emergency place I can go to I don't know how to get to (not familiar with the area). I am not sure if it can wait until my vet opens in the morning. To top it off, I work tomorrow..I think this is beyond gastritis. Bandit does not seem to be able to eat, but he is hungry. We have one other cat in the household and she seems to be fine.
Answers:
I think it's really important that you bring your cats to the vet as soon as possible. Your cat crying out in pain is an outward sign of the discomfort he's in.
You wrote that your cat is vomiting white stuff. Is it foamy liquid? Maybe the white stuff he's vomiting is some of the medication. By the way, did your cats eat anything that they are not supposed to eat, like a plant?
Did you get the blood test results back yet? What did the blood tests show?
I don't know what the problem could be. A couple of things that come to my mind are inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) or maybe pancreatitis. A blood test will rule out pancreatitis.
Best wishes, and I hope your cats are better soon.
I am sorry. Keep your cats apart. Don't feed them.Just leave boiled water for them to drink.They will be alright without food for 48 hours.I would wait till your vet returns to work. There is little you can do.It may be a simple infection, but it could develop.Take a day off work. Good Luck!
Forget about work! Your kids are sick and they need you. If you can afford to pay the emergency fees, and you won't be fired, MapQuest the ER, say a prayer and get them there. My Simba was throwing up for over a week, hungry but couldn't hold anything down. After a week at the SPCA, on fluids, meds, xrays, tests, tests, tests.I spent thousands that I couldn't afford and they never did find out what was wrong. But he did get better. Two years later, I'm still paying off the credit cards, but my Baby's still with me and doing fine. My Leo's going to the ER first thing in the morning. He's got a weird juicy lump on his head that I only just noticed yesterday and his eyes are watery. He's been hiding in my bed for ten days and I usually let him sleep off whatever is making him feel under the weather, but this is taking too long. He's not getting better on his own.
I guess I don't really have much advice for you. I'm just commiserating.
Heavenly Blessings to You and Yours,
stella

No comments:

Post a Comment