Monday, May 24, 2010

Can anyone help me accept my cat's recent death?

Last night, my cat, Tiger, deceased after a long battle with liver illness. But now I feel so helpless and alone... I have two other cats, but neither of them are as affectionate as Tiger had been. I can't stop crying. Any advice?
Answers:
it's a difficult time for you. Let yourself grieve it will take a few days or weeks. We never forget the ones we have loved
------------------------------...
They will not go quietly, the pets who've shared our lives. In subtle ways they let us know their spirit still survives. Old habits still can make us think we hear them at the door Or step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor. Our feet still go around the place the food dish use to be, And, sometimes, coming home at night, we miss them terribly. And although time may bring new friends and a new food dish to fill, That one place in our hearts belongs to them. and always will.
~ Linda Barnes ~
Do you know the rainbow bridge poem? It is helpful. google rainbow bridge poem. I am sorry but you wouldnt have wanted Tiger to go on in pain
i am so sorry! i will deffenatly be praying for u i kno how u feel, my fish died and i loved him dearly! just remember that he is in a good place right now and i kno u miss him but he is a lot happier now and he loved u and wants you to be happy! god bless!
i think you have already accepted it dead so that u asked this question, but i feel the dear ones never dies as they keep their living memories in our mind.
it takes time--just give yoursrlf the time that is needed-everyone is diffferent. just try and remember the good, happy times and it will help. it is very difficult to lose a beloved pet. remember the rainbow bridge- you will see your baby Tiger ther when the time comes
I'm so sorry! My cat deceased in March from a Liver problem. It's never easy, no matter how many times it happens. I suggest you read some good books, (read them out loud to your dog, if you have one and your cat's spirit).
Also think about getting another cat, and other possible topics. It's not necessary to stop crying. It will stop on it's own, it time. I really sympathize with you, Sweety. But like lost relatives and lost loved ones, your cats will always be with you, in spirit, in memory and in your heart. And when you get another one, even if it's a kitten, you'll forget about the loss, even with out realizing it, because you'll have a new fuzzy friend to love.
God, this question is hard. I still miss China, who I had for 14 years and lost almost 10 years ago. All I can tell you is to know that Tiger is no longer in pain and is in a better place. Luckily I now have 1 very affectionate cat and 1 "when I am in the mood" affectionate cat. I wish I could help you more but remember the good times you had together and know he is waiting for you.
I am sorry for you loss. Today was 1 month since My baby Cedrick passed to the rainbwo bridge. We were met to be together and I miss him dearly. It is a difficult time. I still cry. His brother is great, but he is not Cedrick. I started feeling guilty of things I did and have not done to my baby. They love us and we have given them great love. Cedrick found a way to tell me thank you a couple days before he passed. He looked at me, I had my hand n him. He licked me a few times and then we looked at each other. the other days I was thinking and he knew that memory would comfort me ... Cry as much as you need and do remember all the good times
I created a memorial for Cedrick www.cdrick.critters.com
Big hugs
Of course you can't stop crying, it's only been a day. Go with the flow, cry as much as you need to cry. Also there are groups for people who have lost pets, and it would probably help you to go to one, and share with others how much you loved your cat. Ask the ASPCA, if they have any referrals to such a group. It will take time to get back to feeling better. What you're doing is normal and healthy, cry until you can't cry anymore, and then you'll be okay.
i can understand how you feel death is a sad reality us animal loves have to deal with often and it never gets any easier. i just paid $850 to save my pet ferret because i couldn't bare the thought of lossing her. there is know quick fix when it comes to greiving everyone is different. one day you will wake up and when you think about your cat you wont want to cry, instead thinking about her will but a smile on your face. just give you self time.
Don't hold back tears. let them flow. Listen to a sad song, or one he would snuggle up to you with. Cry and cry untill you can't anymore. then think of happy times. hang pictures of him and laugh when you think about the time he fell in the toilet or climbed up the screen door. Don't live in the past, but rather brave up for the future pets. Another thing, dear, don't get pets if you can't handle deaths.
I know how you feel. I had to put my kitty down on Monday because he had an illness that his little body couldn't fight off. I think time and love will heal all the wounds. What I keep trying to tell myself is that I did the right thing for him every step of the way. I took care of him, showed him love and affection, paid for the best treatment and when the time came, made the right decision for him not to be in pain and suffering anymore. I'm sure Tiger knew that you loved him and did the best for him and I'm sure he would want you to take all the love in your heart you had for him and remember him fondly and put it towards helping another little critter like him. Don't forget that you have 2 other little guys that need your attention as well. Time will eventually heal your wounds. I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish our little critters could live as long as we did.
You can't replace your Tiger, but you can remember him and all the good times you had together.Another thing you can do is make a shadow box of pictures of Tiger and things that he liked a ball or toy mouse (my cat had his favorite stuffed duck). I know it sounds very unthoughtful but think about getting another kitten, look at a local shelter. Tiger would want you to move forward and not be sad. If you decide to get a kitten from a shelter you will be saving a life.
It just takes time. My cat that I had since I was 8 (I'm 24) died in December. It took me a good 2 months to really get over it. What I did to help, about a month after he died, was I made a scrapbook of all of the cute pictures I had with my cat. I was a good healing process.
4 months after he died, I got a new cat from the shelter (my old cat was adopted too). She really has helped fill the void. While she can't replace him, I love her to death and don't get upset about my old cat anymore. I think he'd be happy :)
So sorry for your kitty loss.
im sorry to here that you cat passed a way. but just look at this way, would you rather him pass away and be in a better place or still alive in pain and not being happy in the world.
So very sorry to hear of your loss.. I felt a great loss when my cat of many years passed on.. I found it helpful to bury him in the backyard with his favorite things and a marker.. It gave me a sense that he was still in the place he loved so much.. It may take a long time to get over loosing your cat, but as each day passes it will get easier. . I won't suggest getting another cat, as you have two other cats.. but I might suggest paying as much attention to your other cats as you can spare, and you might be surprised how affectionate they become.. Often cats and dogs seem to sense when people are hurting, and seem to naturally go to them to give them comfort.. I hope this will happen for you..
I am truly sorry for the loss of your beloved cat Tiger. It's normal to cry a lot after losing a pet that was so close to your heart. Tiger knows how much you loved him.
From: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/poem.htm...
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.
Author unknown...
sorry 4 your loss. cats have different personalities just like people. only time will help with ur loss but it will eventually get easier,,just keep loving ur other 2 cats

No comments:

Post a Comment