Monday, May 24, 2010

Can animals sense when you are going to pass away?

I was reading an article about how a kitten could sense when someone in a hospital would die, and she would lay by them until it would happen. Do you think just any animal could sense when you are going to pass away, or just that kitten had that sense?
Answers:
I saw on the news about a cat that would lay with patients in a nursing home who were about to die.
I don't think every animal has this "6th sense," though. It's the same as with how some people can sense things, yet other people cannot. Maybe it's a gift.
Animals are amazing...many pets have even saved their owners from fire by waking them up in time to get out of the house.
i believe that animals have a sixth sense. i actually read an article in which an older ladies poodle for no reason suddenly jumped up and knocked its' body into her left breast. then it started trying to claw the breast.
the woman got a pretty bad bruise from it, so she went to the doctor. it turned out she had a tumor growing in that breast, but they caught it in the early stages and were able to remove it.
sometimes i suspect cats can see ghosts and stuff because they're always looking around when i see nothing.
YES in a senior home there is this cat that is old and whenever someone is about to die she will go lay on there lap she has done this 26 times and has NEVER been wrong
I believe they can sense alot of sicknesses.
They might or they might not. But there is no reason to exagerrate. For example, regarding one of teh replies above, in an elderly house, ppl pass away.And cats love to sit on laps. She might ahve sat in anyone's laps and some of theose people eventually died. If it was the cat of a sports club or boarding school, she would stay on ppl's laps and they wouldnt all die. Cats love to lay and sleep on ppl's beds and laps. This doesnt necesserly means tehy are going to die.
Animals might have a 6th sense though, I dont fight that.
I read about the kitty in the retirement home also...I believe it was on yahoo videos actually. It seems he could sense the death of the patient, and would lay with them to comfort tehm until they passed. It was mentioned that before people pass away, their body emits some odors that cats (and maybe other animals) can pick up, but that humans are not senstive to...

Here is the link to the video. very interesting!

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=11...
Many animals can sense death coming on...illness as well. Many can detect when a person with epilepsy is about to have a seizure and warn them. From my medical experience, it also seems that many of them can "smell" cancer. It isn't just cats or kittens...I've heard of dogs, birds, horses, and monkeys doing things like this. That's why many of those breeds are actually used as service animals.
That's a good question. I saw that on the news, too. I had a cat that could sense when you didn't feel well so he hung around you more. When my son was sick he'd sit on his lap and lay next to him. Nurse Fluffy. Perhaps there is some kind of scientific explanation, but I'm not a scientist.
Yes I truely believe cats know when something bad is going to happen. When my gma died, one of my cats was lovin all on my dad (which he never does) and they we got the phone call. And my other cat was in her room and just staring at something. Needless to say I had to make him leave the room and close the door cuz he was freakin me out.

1 comment:

  1. I had also watched this video. I think it is pretty amazing to have a cat like this. You will know when it is time for you to go.

    oxford ms animal nursing care

    ReplyDelete