Friday, May 21, 2010

Best thing to knoe when wanting a cat?


Answers:
A cat is a loyal, sweet companion and can give lots of comfort, love and entertainment. They do not think or behave like dogs or people, so do not expect them to. They live on their own terms and will stay with you as a friend if you treat them with love and respect. Cats learn with consistent, calm and kind training. If they do not act the way you want, do not think that "spanking" or other physical discipline will work. It will only make them afraid of you. Kittens are very active and tend to be nocturnal. In other words, they may keep you awake at night. They grow out of this in about a year and adjust to your schedule even sooner.
Read some of the Q and A about cat misbehavior to learn what happens to other cats and their people. Check the sites linked below for more detailed info.
Am I ready to take care of another living thing? Do I have enough time to care for it and feed it? Can I afford the vet bills and the food? Does my living situation allow pets? Am I responsible enough to handle this for 15 or more years?
... am I willing to deal with a litter box and the claws (declawing is terrible and can serrriously alter the cats personality). Time is a huuuge thing too. And they dont get lazy and not want to play until they're old, so if you're getting a youngin' be ready for sharp teeth and lots of being annoyed.
A few questions to ask yourself:
Will I be ready for litter box, food, possible illnesses, and everthing else that might happen?
Will I loose my temper if my cat recks some furniture with its claws?
Will I take it for its regular veteranary trips?
Will I treat it like I want to be treated?
Do I have the time to play with this animal?
If you said no any of those questions, no, don't get a cat.
are you able to take care of it like its a part of your life and not just a cat ? if your able to give her all the care she needs ?
MOST IMPORTANT TO KNOW IS:
Cats live to be 20 something years old. Got enough time?
Something no one has mentioned, is, do you have allergies or asthma? If you do, don't get one. I thought I had grown out of my allergies because my cat didn't make me itch or sneeze, but now I have developed asthma from constant exposure to her and have to find her a home so I don't die. I have already been in the hospital once so can not try to keep her. It is breaking my heart and I worry about who will end up with her. An animal is a loving being and not to be tried on like a pair of shoes, so be sure before you take one on.

No comments:

Post a Comment