Monday, May 24, 2010

Breeding siamese cats?

I need someone who has a pure breed female seal point siamese cat willing to breed with my male cat. Preferably in the tri state area, papers are required. you would get 2/3 of the profits because you have the female cat.
Answers:
Have you asked the breeder of your boy if he/she knows anyone interested in his/her lines? Established breedres usually have a lot of connctions in the catfancy, he/she might know someone who would be very happy to get such a unique opportunity.
Also, you could put your cat up for stud at different cat associations- this way somewhat more serious breeders are likely to approach you.
Make sure your cat is vaccinated as required in your state and tested for FeLV and FIV and breed specific conditions, and make this a requirement for the female too - it's important if you want the best for the health of your cat, the kittens an to attract the right type of people.
Also, please compare your stud price with those of others of the same breed, it sounds kind of high to me- if you mean you want 1/3 of the money the kittens will cost together. The owner of the female is unlikely to make a profit with all the costs involved if he/she wants to do it right.
Good luck!
I have a pure breed Seal point female.
Only problem is I don't have papers for her. She's deffinately pure Siamese. I am looking into getting papers as I want to breed her. She's almost 7 months old and has just had her first heat cycle. That was a challenge.
Anyway I live in south eastern PA if interested let me know and I can give my e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment