Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are you giving your cat heartworm prevention? ..you should?

Feline heartworm disease has been overlooked for many years. Heartworm disease can cause asthma like symptoms,vomiting or even sudden death.
There is treatment for heartworm disease in dogs that is relatively safe but not for cats. So using a monthly preventative is essentail.Heartgard for cats and Advantage Multi are two preventatives that are available.
It makes no difference if you cat is indoor or outdoor both are equally at risk. The cats that have tested positive where I work have been indoor cats. There is a chance that male cats may be more susceptible to infection.
Get your cat tested and on a preventative!
Answers:
I give both my cats Revolution once a month. It covers heartworms, fleas, ticks and more.
did u also know that worms r pretty much untreatable for cats and if u try and get it tgreated it could cause death
My cat is 17 years old, never given it to her. And she is still alive and very active.
I have two old lady cats that are both indoors and never thought of it. My dogs are on heart worm meds but never gave it a thought for the cats. I will talk to the vet and have them tested as one has an appt Monday I will just take them both in. Thanks so much for the heads up!
My cats and dog get Revolution monthly, although I tend to slack off during the winter time out here when there's snow all over the ground and bugs are dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment