Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are cats okay on their own while I'm at work?

Hello,
I live in a large-ish apartment, and I work from 8-5, if I got two cats (to keep each other company), would they be okay on their own?
Or would they get terribly bored... I know a lot of people do this but I don't want to neglect my cats if I got them...
Cheers,
Aisha
Answers:
It is great that you have considered getting two, as they will keep each other company. That certainly has been my experience going back many, many years. Of course, you also want to child proof your place, as they will want to get into and on everything.
If there are windows, make sure they have a platform to lie on so they can look outside. Cats also like to be on high, so a cat tree is a wonderful thing to have.
They would be just fine. I would recommend plenty of toys and a cat tree would be great. That way they have something to climb but otherwise they would be just fine.
They'll be fine. Cats sleep most of the time during the day and, when they are awake, they'll look out the window or play with each other. Hopefully they are spayed or neutered or same sex so they won't entertain themselves in other, kitten producing, ways...
cats are very independent. They will be fine. Just make sure you leave them plenty of water %26 food. I like to leave the radio on for my cats so it's not so quiet. They also have access to all of their toys. You can also set up a perch near a window so they can look out at the birds.
Oh yes.
鈾?
Your cats will be fine by themselves as long as the two don't fight
make sure they have water and food and they'll be fine.

Good luck with you new cats.
Yes!Cats sleep most of the day anyways!They will be fine!Food,water,and a litter box and you are on your way! :)Hope I could help!
-Corey.
I have one cat and she is left alone for the day due to the fact I work 11 hours a day. She is always happy to see me when I get home, Your two cats will be fine and when they get the routine of you going to work and then coming home around a certain time they will set their day to sleep a lot when you are out. Plus eat and play a little.
You should have no worries.
You will be a perfect cat owner/friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment