Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are these food ingredients safe for a cat?

I got this recipe for cat treats out of a national geographic magazine, and I just want to know if all the ingredients they listed are safe:
Cat treat ingredients:
3 tablespoons egg whites, scrambled
6-ounce can of tuna packed in water (with salt)
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Are these ingredients safe? Because I really want to make these treats for my cat.
Answers:
Good god, is someone trying to kill your cat?
It's almost funny how bad those ingredients are.
The eggwhites I'm fuzzy on, but tuna is bad, corn is bad, wheat is bad. Flour serves no purpose.
Oh, this is for treats! LOL - I thought it was for an actual meal. Still, none of these are good ingredients. I wouldn't serve this even to a cat I hated.
Sounds good to me.
You may want to double-check. Do you have a local vet you can call? Mostly likely he/she will know. Or visit a petshop and ask them. The ingrendients seem safe. But make sure.
No tuna because it can cause Yellow Fat Disease.
http://www.cat-world.com.au/feedingfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment