Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are siamese cats/kittens mean?

Im thinking about getting one but i realy need to know if thats the one i want.
Answers:
It's not the breed but the cat's individual personality that determines that. Cats are not born "mean". They are a product of how they were brought up. If they were abused or didn't receive any attention then they will be mean. If they brought up in a loving home then they won't be.
No, they are very playful. Sometimes they like to nibble.
well mine is ok. he lives outside because he was always escaping! But they stay by your side!
siamese cats are just like any other cat the one you get may just be mean cause thats just its personality or it could be nice it has nothing to do with what kind of cat it is
i have heard that siamese cats tend to have "attitude problems..." but i guess it would ultimately depend on the individual kitty :)
as a older cat they might be but as a kitten they won't be as long as ur nice to them they are like any other cat. my grand parents had two siamese cats and they were nice to everyone but me but only because i was like 5 pulling their tale other then that they were nice and even then they never bite me just hissed at me.
Sometimes they have a attitude but some of them are nice.
no. it depends on the cat. Normally siamese cats have a tendency to stick with one or two people. they are very intelligent and very loving. they also like to talk a lot. I have six of them and I love them dearly. they all have different personalities.
No breed of cat is mean! Unless you don't give it enough care!!! Siamese kitties are preety and sweet! I have one, her name tace may, she ia a happy fat kitty!
Hope I helped.
(=^.^=)
Horselover99
No! They are like the best cats ever!
I had a book on them that said they are great with kids.
I know this to be true cause I had one when I was in preschool.
Siamese cats can be very territorial about "their" person, and they tend to choose just one person to give their love and affection to. However, the biggest factor in any animal's personality is upbringing, so it depends on how many people the kitten is exposed to when it is young. The more people the kitten is exposed to, the friendlier it will be - usually. When choosing the kitten, choose the one that is most outgoing if you want a very friendly cat. Other breeds that are known for friendliness include Bengals (they look like little leopards!) and Abysinnians - another Asian breed.
If you want a cat that really laid back, the kind that you can just haul around and do whatever you want (like dress it in doll clothes, carry it around like a baby, the kind that little girls would love to have around, etc.) I recommend a long-hair breed such as Persians or ragdolls.
In short, it's upbringing that is the biggest factor in personality. Research your breed of choice thoroughly on the internet (I recommend www.catchannel.com) before making a decision.
NEVER buy from a pet store, instead purchase your kitten from a reputable breeder. :-)
They are not mean at all.They are just like any cat they all have different personalities.
I have one and she does have an attitude problem. She only likes attention when she wants it. She thinks she is the queen over the 4 cats I have. They are also very vocal. I would not get one if you have young children, they are more for older kids and adults.
They're just like any other cat, their temperament depends on how they're raised. One thing though...their meow is different than other cats and some people find it annoying.
My cat was very protective with me and she did not like certain people around me and she was a happy cat and she kept to herself but when certain people came near me she did not like them. It depends on the cat and what their personality is like. My father at that time did not like her so she ened up hating men so when a guy came near me my cat would show him that she did not what him near me by bitting him on the hand. My Niece did not like her so she would spit and hiss at my Niece. My cat had a strange personality but she was fine around me and she would cuddle up to me and would sleep in my arms. It was just the people around me that would get her upset but when I was alone with her she was just fine.
I believe it is all the way they are raised. I have had the privilege of being owned by "the best cat in the world" named Woody. He absolutely loved everyone. He was raised in a home where he was loved unconditionally (even after coming home from work to find him hanging on my brand new living room curtains!). I lost him 3 years ago and am grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful companion for 15 years. I then rescued a 4 month old Siamese female, Miss Isis, from a local shelter. She is very sweet, but will occasionally nip your hand when she doesn't want you to pet her anymore. She is learning "No bite", but it still happens occasionally.
There are no promises with any cat--regardless of the breed. Raise them with love and respect and they will give you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment