Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are cats just stupid?

Dogs without a doubt are a hundred times more intelligent than cats. Thats not debatable. Dogs can be taught to rescue people, find drugs and guide the blind as well as roll over, fetch and shake paws. The average cat is doing good if you can teach it to crap in a box. We had a cat and we could preocupy the stupid thing for hours with a mirror. It would stalk itself forever and never did figure it out. Do cats actually serve a purpose in this world other than killing birds and mice? or are they simply emotional crutches for unbalanced people?
Answers:
They are simply emotional crutches for unbalanced people.
(SMILING)..I LOVE MY KITTY, SHE KNOWS HER NAME AND COMES WHEN I CALL HER. BELIEVE IT OR NOT MY KITTY IS LIKE A WATCH DOG. SHE HAS ATTACKED BEFORE, AND LOYAL TO ME. GOD HELP ANYONE TRYING TO BREAK IN! LOL
I can tell you for a fact that cats can also be taught these things. I've seen it with my own eyes and I've trained many myself. I've trained cats tricks such as the ones you mentioned (fetch, shake, roll over, sit, stay), I've even taught cats how to compete in agility. I had a cat that ran an agility course with a bunch of dogs!
If you want to use the litter box example, you've just proved my point yourself. Dogs have to be potty trained to go outside to do their business while cats can pick up the habit of using a box just from instinct.
Now, I've met some pretty smart dogs in my years but I've also met a lot that would appear to be a little airy in the brain region.
You could say that they are emotional crutches for unbalanced people, but so are dogs. Cats can simply fend for themselves so they don't have the desire to please people as much as needy dogs.
CATS ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN DUMB DOGS. I LOVE DOGS BUT ITS A KNOWN FACT THAT CATS ARE SMARTER. they are litter trained, and they actually COVER UP THEIR POOP. dogs just have more abillity. cats stand up for themselves. but dogs do whatever their owner wants. if someone told you to go jump off a bridge, would you??!! a dog would, but a cat wouldnt. and if you didnt do what you were told ALL THE TIME. then someone would post something saying, your stupid cause you wouldnt do something. thats not nice, right?GIVE THE CATS A CHANCE!
hey cats can be just as smart as dogs can!
im sorry the reason you think your cat is stupid
is because the only thing you TAUGHT it to do
was to crap in a box. you can train cats to
use %26 flush the TOILET
walk on a leash
sit down
come
jump through things
roll over/fetch
take things apart
and so much more
i even heard about a cat on the news who had a sixth sense for predicting a death. whenever someone was about to die, it curls up next to them.
so yes cats CAN be trained it is NOT that they are stupid. if you start training them as tiny kittens, a cat will learn new tricks and behaviors regularly.
Wow, a lot of preconceived notions I would say! Cats are far from stupid. Yes, they are very independent and do their own thing, and yes, they do things that we sometimes consider simple and ridiculous to occupy their time, but why does that have to make them stupid? If you take the time with a cat, you cat teach them to do tricks. No, you never hear a cat that has been trained to find drugs, etc. but have you ever heard of anyone actually taking the time to try. There have been several cases that cats have saved their owner's lives. There was one incident that a cat smelled gas fumes, alerted its owners and and saved their lives. And then there was a cat that made the news about 3 weeks ago, that could predict death about 3-4 hours before it happened. It was not a people cat but when someone was close to death he could curl up next to them and then the facility staff would alert the families. For one patient, the doctor said that the person had 10 hours to live but the cat was not by the person's side until 3-4 hours. In another case, the family didn't want the cat in there when their loved one died, and it paced outside the door crying because it wanted in there. What dog have you heard do that? There are plenty of things that you don't think about. Oh, here is one-You have to TEACH a DOG where to use the bathroom, cats god it by complete instinct! Hmm...cats can play with balls just like dogs can, they can beg, they have been taught to flush to toilet, use the toilet, cats are natural fishers-dogs have to be taught to hunt and retreive, stand on their hind legs, turn in circles on two legs, sit, shake, be taught to jump over things and do tricks. Why would you say that they are emotional crutches for unbalanced people? There are thousands of balanced people who own cats! I am one of them. I own 2 actually. Cats are extremely affectionate animals! People that love only dogs and not cats are people that are unbalanced. People like you obviously have control issues. See, you like dogs because you can control them all the time. They come when you say some. They sit when you say sit. A cat, is a completely different story, and that is what frustrates people like you. They own you, you don't own them.
(Just for the record, I love dogs too! I have several! I just need to show the cat side too!)
Cats are smart, sly, and cunning. They can outwit any stupid dog. I see it happen all the time with my cats and the neighborhood dogs. It's funny to watch.
MEOW
Hm the fact that you know it stalked it's self for hours says a lot about you the fact that dogs can be trained says one thing they have no will of their own I love dogs I love all animals. It seems to me the cat had you trained to give it the things it took to keep it entertained. I have a cat that had kittens and a dog that had puppies My dog never did learn that it was her responsibility to feed and care for the puppies I had to place her in the box with the puppies and make sure they were fed my cat is the best mom there ever was. So a dog can be trained to do as the owner pleases a cat pleases to get the owner to do what they want.
my cat can heal on his leash better than the average dog when you take them for a walk
he can also come and sit on command, he is quickly learning how to shake paws, and next I think I'll teach him how to high-five or play fetch like my mom's cat
My cat is better trained than most of the dogs on my street!
you should educate yourself before you go and say such things because, if you know a cat who isn't litter-box trained then that is not the cat's fault, that is the fault of the human
same as a dog, if you know a dog who can't play fetch or who pulls on his leash, it's not the dog's fault-it's the fault of the human for never training him!!
cats are very intelligent animals, humans who do not take the time to train their pets (whether they have a cat or a dog or any other trainable creature), humans who do not train their pets are the truly dumb ones
most people don't care to take the time to train their cats like I did, however they'd probably be happier if they did because a well-trained cat tends to have less behavior problems such as spraying and scratching
to the people who own a cat but have not trained their cat, I urge them to read this book:
http://www.amazon.com/cat-training-minut...
How to train your cat in 10 minutes
this book was my guide to training my cat to behave better than most people's dogs, and I swear by it
ps, I love all animals! I'm going to school to become a veterinary technician because it's my goal in life to work with the humane society and help as many abused and neglected animals as I can-cats, dogs, it's all the same to me, and if loving all creatures equally makes me unbalanced then I feel sorry for the sane people in this world who feel they must hold a hatred against an entire species for something that isn't even true
hating all cats because they are dumb is just as ignorant as hating all homosexuals because they have aids or hating all african americans because they are gang members-
you can't lump an entire group together and hate them without it being prejudged because you don't know all the cats in the world so you can't honestly say that none of them know how to sit or shake (alot of them are trained to do such tricks!) the same way you can't honestly say that you love dogs because all dogs are so smart, there are plenty of dogs out there who can't even come when they're called or who attack babies for territorial reasons! Alot of it has to do with the owner and how well the animal is trained, species is not a deciding factor in intelligence. As for me, I love all creatures great and small unconditionally because they all deserve the same love and respect...my only except to this unconditional love are the humans who are ignorant enough to not care for, or to even abuse, their own pets.
that is very mean. so are you grr
Cats just have a different makeup from dogs. They are not naturally social, and they don't have quite as much in the way of communication skills. My cats are very entertaining in their own way. I have a foster cat that bonded with us immediately. He can hear when we're waking up in the morning and runs in to lay between us. Him and one of our other cats comes in when called. Our foster cat also picks favorite foster kittens and fetches. He adopts one kitten as "his" out of every litter.
Our little calico girl likes to watch us. If you're doing something, she'll just watch with her head tilted like she's trying to figure out what you're doing.
BTW, I am a dog person. I have three dogs, my husbands the cat person. I've just gotten to learn a lot about cats in the last couple years.
The fact that a dog can be trained easier than a cat is because dogs are pack animals and are subservient to humans. The fact that cats aren't as easily trainable has nothing to do with their lack of intelligence - they're solitary animals and will only be trained to do what THEY decide they want to do.
Perhaps instead of bashing cats you should realize what issues YOU have that makes you hate them. You're probably someone who feels the need to control everything and since a cat won't let you to control it that frustrates you. Some therapy may be in order for you.
PS: a cat will use a litter box and neatly cover its poop. A dog will not only poop on the floor but it'll also stick it's head in the litter box and eat the cat poop. And dogs are more intelligent? Hmm...
No, just certain humans who think any(thing) that doesn't do what they want it to must be stupid for not listening to you...I'm sure the cats are WAY smarter than you. Dogs are pack animals, and have a hierarchy, so will do whatever the biggest, baddest animal in the pack wants. Cats are more solitary and independent, and you have to entice them to do things ( why should they bother with YOU?) Just because they don't want to do anything for you, doesn't make them unintelligent.
- The Gremlin Guy -

No comments:

Post a Comment