Thursday, May 7, 2009

I am about to get a four month old kitten 鈥?any tips?

I have had cats all my life at my family home, but this would be my first cat of my own.
I have a cat flap that leads into my garden so it will be able to go out (once it is old enough and had all it's vaccinations). I work during the day so the cat will probably turn out to be quite independent in the long run.
Any tips for names would also be appreciated! :-)
Answers:
I wouldn't let your kitten outside. I let my childhood cat outside and he contracted feline aids (even though he is spayed). I just adopted a four month old and I bought her a lot of toys, treats, and i purchased the same food the shelter was feeding her so she won't get sick eating different food. Also a litter box with a side low enough she can step over. Also kitten shampoo and a brush. she is medium-haired and I don't think she had ever been groomed at the shelter. A scratch pad so she won't scratch the furniture. I named my kitty Ruby.
names.. lets see. watch what the cat does. the things it might give u an idea.
coco fluffy kitty pants
u should get the cat fixed because i dont think u would want to come home from work one day and find a pregnant cat or come home to four more cats anyway u should name him depending on his color or personality
I would suggest trying to train them to use the litterbox right away, and get them used to the outside if they are going to be outside cats. Definetly do not de-claw it.
Names- Spaz, Shadow, Dragon, Aston, Harry. I don't know what your cat is going to look like, but there are some ideas...
her's a quick tip. get a couple of different litter boxes because I read in a book that some cats prefer open litter boxes and others like them closed. and for names...well it depends if its a boy or a girl and what type it is but here are some of my favorite names..
Moon light, Star, Neko(neko is cat in japanese), Purin(purin means pudding in japanese), and Twikles.
here's my friends favorites and also some of her pets names..
Pink(her cat), Sir butter toast(her jurble), Fat man(her other jurble), and Sakura.

No comments:

Post a Comment