Thursday, May 7, 2009

1 YEAR OLD CAT BORED with cat food?

HE EATS BOILED CHICKEN SOMETIMES AND DRY BISCUITS.
IS THERE ANY THING ELSE WE COULD TRY.
HES EATING GO CAT CHICKEN ONLY AT THE MOMENT.
HE HATES TINED AND POUCHES, DOESN'T MATTER WHATS IN THEM,
PLEASE HELP.
MANY THANKS X
Answers:
I have a 1 year old kitty who is picky as well. She really seems to like the Royal Canin brand dry cat food (they even have a special one made for finicky eaters). And as for canned food, Sheba just came out with a new line of really good quality wet food. They have one that is 100% white meat chicken, that my kitty really loved. Hope that helps!
Hi
I have 3 cats all have different eating habits and likes,if he's happy, go for it.
My cat is a really picky eater and will only eat a certain brand of dry cat food. He hates canned food and loathes treats! What we ended up doing was going to PetSmart multiple times and buying small bags of cat food till we found one that he likes. We returned the opened bags for full credit stating that our cat would not touch them.
My cats get fussy all of the time. They'll be fine and eat something one day and then decide that 'its not good enough' another. Get some frozen fish portions and cook them in the microwave, it'll only take a couple of minutes.
They'll eat when they're hungry enough.
talk to the vet. if he is a healthy weight, i think the vet might tell you to put his food and water out and the cat will likely eat when it's hungry.
some dogs get real finicky too..
i don't think dry biscuits are good for a cat.
if all else fails, perhaps you could continue with the boiled chicken, and perhaps do a search on the internet for CAT FOOD RECIPES... there are a lot of them out there.
avoid tuna because it's not good for cats, contrary to popular belief -- something to do with mercury.
i sure hope you get some good answers here! take care.
here you can find some recipes for home made cat food
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/123...
good luck
My recommendation is to just try giving different brands of cat food...and DON'T feed table scrapes because they get use to table scrapes and of course table scrapes taste better then regular ol' plain cat food...lol but yeh try not giving as much table scraps and try different brands of cat food.try like store brand also... my cat only ate lowes food cat food...but yeh
that would be one of the best things...
so yeh hope that works

if not i'd recommend going to the vet...most vets offices charge office and exam fee...around 10-25$ ...

~TIFFANY~
My cats all eat dry food mixed with a raw food diet. I would recommend that, I have 17 cats (all indoor, all strays I've taken in) and since I started the raw food on a regular basis my vet bills are almost non existent. I would recommend getting the book I listed below as a source. One thing you could add right now is sardines canned in oil, they are high in taurine which cats need and is hard to get. Very important to eye health.
Just because he seems happy doesn't mean he's healthy. Cats don't eat when they don't feel well so I definitely would suggest a vet visit to rule out any health issues.
I'm not sure what "Go Cat" is - are you in the UK? Dry biscuits definitely aren't good for him. I would try some better quality canned foods and maybe mix in some homemade concotions as well. I simmer chicken hearts and livers and then blend them up into a soup - my cats LOVE this and it's loaded with protein, taurine and gives them extra moisture - which is vital to a cat's good health.
maybe see if there is a different flavor of the food that you give your cat. maybe gradually change to a different brand
Hi there,
If you just try and buy different brands or flavours of cat food then you will be able to see what takes your cats fancy, maybe if he likes boiled chicken you could try getting him chicken flavoured food??
Good luck.
Amanda!
I have a cat and she will only eat the fish pouches, wont touch anything else, personally i think cats are funny creatures, I'm more of a doggy person, but i was once told " you are your dogs master and your cats slave" i never really understood what was meant by that, now i have a cat i have started to see what was meant by it..... all of my animals are spoilt rotten, so my advice would be as long as your cat is eating and getting the vitamins and stuff it needs i wouldn't worry too much.....
you are spoiling him. If he doesn't eat it when you put it down chuck it. Next day same thing. Its not cruel. He won't starve. If he is hungry he will eat whatever. Tinned foods are very good nowadays and have all the nutrients they need as do the dried ones. He will be a fussy eater if you let him away with it
Tuna in a tin cats loves tuna.
when my cats refuse to eat i get felix sprinkles and u put them on top of there food and it makes mine eat their meat

No comments:

Post a Comment