Thursday, May 7, 2009

!~Help~Me~!?

PEOPLE SAY IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU TO FEED YOU CAT ALOT OF WETFOOD OR IT COULD HAVE SOME SERIUS EFFECTS..WUT SERIOUS EFFETCS..AND WHY!?
Answers:
If you're referring to canned cat food, then you have to read the labels. Watch out for "fillers". If the fillers are high in percentage then there is no nutritional value in the product. I would go with a name brand. I feed my 2 furbabies (cats) Friskies. Even with the recall that brand was safe.
.
Plus you will need to take the cat to the vet, to get his or her teeth cleaned. Just as you brush your teeth after eating, your cat needs his or her teeth brushed. Some cats will fight so much that the vet will give him or her a tranquilizer.
.
Just for some information - don't give your cat milk. Milk can give your cat the runs. There is a milk subsitute in the stores. But it's for kittens.
.
Be careful out there, we're in this togther.
the runs
learn to spell first. ok, here goes. problems can arise for wet food more than dry, but only through the manufacturer. because the wet food can go bad, your pet can get sick. if you buy a respectable company (no bargain brand stuff), and check the seal (if its in those soft packs) you should be fine.
I never heard that. I feed my three cats dry food so I wouldn't know but I don't think it hurts them. In the wild they would have to be eating raw meat so I don't think wet food would hurt them.
Hope this helps!
well...
too much wet food can cause diarrhea,
there is a wet food recall going on because some (not all) wet foods are "tainted" and have caused death to many cats...
below is the list of recalled cat foods, don't feed your cat anything on the list-if it's not on the list then it should be safe:
http://cats.about.com/od/catfoodandnutri...
also, cats need dry food to keep their teeth clean (better than having the vet scrape the tartar off of them, or having build-up so bad on the teeth that it results in a gum disease, which is expensive to treat)
------------------------------...
my vet recommended that I mix a half a can of wet food with a 3/4 cup of dry food for each meal; I feed my cat like this twice a day
please check the list (at the link above) to make sure your cat's food is not on it
The only serious effects that I know of are Diarrhea if you just suddlenly change their diet, or poor dental hygiene over a long period of time because wet food does not clean the teeth like the dry food does. The diarrhea can be helped by using canned pumpkin, the unsweetend variety (if the cat will eat it) The dental problems would be helped by having a regular dental performed by a vet, or brushing your cats teeth, though I have not heard of many cats that will allow you to do that.
feed them what they like. wet , dry.
mine eat both. They get a can split between them twice a day and all the dry food they want.
On the contrary, I have problems with dry food, but it's only with ONE cat out of my three.
My one cat refuses to eat wet food, and the dry food makes him constipated. To remedy this I mix mineral oil in with his dry food.
Cats in the wild would be eating raw meat, so giving them a very good brand of wet canned food would not hurt the cat at all. Also possibly and I'm still researching this myself is to place the cats on a raw protein based diet. The dry food is okay as long as you aren't buying the bargain brand dry food, but as far as just giving the cats wet canned food, I haven't seen anything that would not harm them as long as the process that manufactured them did not have a screw up along the way ( like the recent pet food recalls.)
Stop stressing. Your cat will be fine if you feed it wet food. Vets often recommend feeding dry or a larger percentage of dry with some wet often because of their teeth. If your cat is only eating wet food it is more likely to get tooth problems when it is older as the wet food is not abrasive so doesn't help to remove tartar and build up and as not many cats I know like having their teeth brushed this is one reason.
Also some cats tend to gain weight faster when being fed wet food versus dry.
As long as what someone else said the food you are feeding is a good quality brand and that it is not sat around all day to get mouldy and bacteria growth on it and is put down fresh at every meal then your cat will be OK!
I have been feeding my cat wet food ever since he was a kitten. He is now 1yrs %26 is doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment